Problem with two renderers, two trees, two models

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Mon May 17 21:45:37 UTC 2010

Antranig, thanks for your IM chat this afternoon about the problem we've encountered. I have successfully put together a very simple example that illustrates the problem. If you could have a look and provide any insights as to what we might be doing wrong, we'd really appreciate it.

I've committed the code to the scratchpad:
http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/scratchpad/multiple-renderers/

It's pretty bare-bones, but I've tried to put some instructions in the HTML. If it's not clear enough, please ping me for more information.

Some background for others on the list:

We're trying to render two different data models (same model structure, different data) into two different but identical HTML templates. When we do, the autobinding seems to get confused as to which model to update. I'm not sure if we're doing something wrong, or if we've found a bug in the renderer.

There's a bit of duplication in the code, but I'm trying to replicate the scenario in the application we first encountered the problem in (CollectionSpace). The reason the ids and selectors in the cutpoints arrays are identical is because CollectionSpace is working from a list of selector/valuebinding mappings only (very similar to a prototree), so we simply duplicate the selectors as ids.

Antranig, if you have any thoughts, we'd really appreciate hearing them. If you can point out a glaring error in what we're doing, that would be great!! :-)

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto