Mercurial mirror of Infusion source code repository

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Wed May 5 22:22:52 UTC 2010

Hi all,

For the Decapod project, we've switched to the Mercurial distributed version control system. This should allow us to more effectively work with our collaborators on the project, who already host all of their source code in Mercurial.

Decapod uses Infusion extensively, and so we wanted to be able to easily refer to Infusion as a Mercurial subrepository, similar to how we use externals in SVN now. To enable this, I've created an hg repository for all of Infusion, which we should be able to sync regularly with our main SVN repository using the "hgsvn" utility. For now, I've put it up on Bit Bucket (the Mercurial equivalent to GitHub):

http://www.bitbucket.org/colinbdclark/infusion/overview

This repository contains the full set of Infusion tags, branches, and trunk, with revision history stretching back prior to Infusion 0.1. As a result, it's not a very idiomatic hg repository, but it should allow us to keep everything in sync.

All of this is a bit of an experiment to see if it will help simplify Decapod development. It also gives us a chance to gently dip a toe in the distributed VCS pool without committing to a large-scale conversion. I have no idea if it will work or be useful, but we'll play around with it and see how it goes.