[Decapod] A change in UI orientation (see attached images)

Jonathan Hung jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:13:14 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

After spending some time using the Decapod UI on a 1366x768 screen, I felt
that the vertical orientation of the interface was not using screen real
estate appropriately. Since most displays these days are much wider, I am
proposing that the Decapod UI be changed so the thumbnail navigator runs
horizontally across the browser thus allowing for more visible thumbnails.

DecapodRelease0.3UI-1.jpg is what is in the SVN repository currently. The
thumbnail navigation runs along the vertical axis.
DecapodRelease0.3UI-2.jpg is what is being proposed as a change with the
thumbnail navigator running horizontally.

I would like to commit the horizontal design into the repository today, but
would like to solicit any input on the proposed change before I do so.
Anyone like to add any comments / questions?

- Jonathan.

PS. Jacob Farber helped in getting this design together. He managed to pull
this together in CSS and HTML yesterday afternoon... saved me days of work.
;-)

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Fluid Project - ATRC at University of Toronto
Tel: (416) 946-3002