Artifact Description

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Thu Mar 11 16:48:16 UTC 2010

Good morning Yura,

This sounds similar to the problem on the page that lists artifacts, where only 20 should be shown at a time, but where VO reads all of the artifacts without the need for activating the More link.

The problem, as best as I can guess, is that VO doesn't respect the height trick that is being used to "hide" the extra information.  That is, VO will read all of the information, and doesn't respect the height / overflow limitations.

The only solution that I can think of is to actually dynamically update the content, not just the size of the viewport (containing element) for the content.  Of course here we might run into other VO problems of not recognizing dynamically updated content, but at least that problem would be consistent across all parts of the UI

As far as keeping the functionality as it is now and hiding the More link, I don't think that's a good idea.  Firstly, because I can't think of a very good way to do it and secondly, because it is a bad design practice.  That is, if the next update to iPhone OS corrects these dynamic display problems we would then have hidden content hat a VO user would not be able to access because they cannot access the More link.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter