It's out! It's fast! (was: Re: Upgrading the Engage beta)

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:07:36 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Huge congratulations to the whole team on getting this sequence of beta releases our the door so successfully. The performance optimizations for Engage 0.3b3 took an intense combination of science and experimentation, and the result of that effort is clear from the speedy performance of this version. Thanks to everyone who put in late nights or early mornings to fix bugs, optimize performance, and test the application!

In about six weeks, we took an application that consisted of two sketchy, draft pages and built it up into a working, robust, and fast mobile experience for museum visitors. Definitely something the whole community should be proud of.

We're off and running now on Engage 0.3 final, which will improve the user experience and generalize several areas of the application for use by other museums. Keep up the great design and development work.

Colin