Update on status of Decapod

Jonathan Hung jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:14:41 UTC 2010

Hi Everett.

Thanks for dropping us a line.

Unfortunately Decapod has not been maintaining a project news site / page as
we should. I hope to put these updates on the Wiki and the project website
shortly.

Most of our work has been developing our "0.5y" deliverable, which
demonstrates the fundamentals of what Decapod is going to accomplish:
capture images from a camera, dewarp the image, output to a PDF. Boyan has
been busy working on this end and we're getting close to a first release.

On the design end, we're iterating on our latest "v9" designs and recently
made a significant change in the user's workflow by no longer seperating
Remastering from the Capture work processes. As a result a few of the v9
wireframes will need to change. I will be working on that over the next few
days.

We also have plans to do rounds of user testing to get feedback on elements
of the UI.

I do have some questions about accessibility, but I think that deserves a
separate email thread.

I hope that gives you an idea of what we've been up to. Do you have anything
more specific in mind?

Thanks!

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Fluid Project - ATRC at University of Toronto
Tel: (416) 946-3002