Keyboard accessibility: changing tab order

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Wed Jan 27 19:39:15 UTC 2010

Good afternoon,

Colin, thanks for the clarification.

Colin wrote: "If the visual and logical order differ for good reasons,
we can probably use CSS to layout the page differently from document
order."

One thing to note here, which may not be relevant, is that it is
important, as much as it is possible, to make sure that focus follows
the visual flow of the page.  This reduces the burden of finding the
focused item that can sometimes be placed on keyboard only users.

On a somewhat related note, what platform (OS / browser) will the
Decapod UI be running on, and has / will the UI be tested with
assistive technology available for that platform?

Thanks,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt