Keyboard accessibility: changing tab order

Armin Krauss mackrauss at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:55:48 UTC 2010

Hi Boyan,

the best way to have a tab order and comply with WCAG easily is to have the
content in a order that needs no tab order. This means that the content is
structured and sorted in the way the tab order should flow. Then you don't
need to override the tab order. As a byproduct the content has a structure
that makes for an user with AT more sense.

See 1.3.2 and 2.1.1 among others on
http://webaim.org/standards/wcag/checklist

Hope that helps a bit.

Armin