OT: Information on Toronto Public Library accessibility

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Tue Jan 26 12:29:33 UTC 2010

Good morning,

Understandably this message is a little off topic for this list.
However, I thought that the information would be of some interest to
those of you working on different Fluid projects.

I found out yesterday that the Toronto Public Library has two
workstations across its 99 branches that print impaired patrons can
use to digitize their own materials, one of which was recently
repaired after being out of service for several months.

I have also found out that one of the titles I would like access to
has 136 print copies and no alternative format copies in the library's
collection.

Finally, the board of the toronto public library discussed
accessibility (or at least received reports on accessibility) on
January 18, 2010.  The web site and documents are poorly accessible,
but can be accessed with some effort by a screen-reader user.

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/abo_boa_10jan18.jsp

Thanks,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter