Proposal for building component trees - "protoComponents", and I18N chat tomorrow (Monday 25th 11am EST)

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:28:28 UTC 2010

Hi Anastasia,

On 2010-01-25, at 1:21 PM, Anastasia Cheetham wrote:

> Is there any estimated timeline for the addition of this functionality? CollectionSpace does make use of selection and repetition, and so having this in place would be very helpful. Are you thinking within the next week or two? Or within the next month or two?
>
> I guess the same timeline question would apply for when this new code might be integrated into Infusion (as opposed to Engage), since CollectionSpace uses Infusion, and not Engage :-)

Glad you think it might be useful. I'm thinking that with a bit of work, this can serve as a replacement to the UI Spec in CollectionSpace.

I'm not really sure about exact timelines yet--we definitely need some time for the community to digest this API, get to know it, and refine it as needed.

In the meantime, I don't see any reason why you can't link against Engage code in CollectionSpace. There are so many areas of overlap between these two projects, anyway.