Proposal for building component trees - "protoComponents", and I18N chat tomorrow (Monday 25th 11am EST)

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 25 18:21:58 UTC 2010

On 25-Jan-10, at 12:21 AM, Antranig Basman wrote:

> ...a proposal for simplified building of the simpler kinds of trees
> that we face...

Antranig, thanks for the overview this morning. I really like this new
format, and I think it will be very helpful for the work we're doing
with CollectionSpace.

The comments on fluid.renderer.makeProtoExpander say:

> * This expander will be upgraded in the future to support even more
> powerful
> * forms of expansion, including model-directed expansion such as
> selection and
> * repetition.

Is there any estimated timeline for the addition of this
functionality? CollectionSpace does make use of selection and
repetition, and so having this in place would be very helpful. Are you
thinking within the next week or two? Or within the next month or two?

I guess the same timeline question would apply for when this new code
might be integrated into Infusion (as opposed to Engage), since
CollectionSpace uses Infusion, and not Engage :-)

Thanks!

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto