New home screen sketch for Engage 0.3

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 22 04:14:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've implemented a very sketchy version of the Engage home screen, which allows you to see the various features of the mobile application in a more integrated way. We're still missing a lot of the data from McCord, so you'll find quite a number of holes and pages that don't work, but this should at least give a sneak peek of the new exhibitions screens:

http://build.fluidproject.org:8095/engage/home/home.html

This page is linked to from the daily build server, and will always show our most recent progress on the application. At the moment, the page is hard-baked for McCord, and I've temporarily linked the old Artifact Browse screen to the Collections icon.

I'll also be adding new documents to the database that store basic information about each museum so that we can dynamically generate this home screen based on context. I'm also planning to do some more review of My Collection and get it into trunk soon so we'll be able to see more of the experience woven together by early next week.

I must say, it's been super fun working with the mobile FSS for this!