iPod touches at McCord museum

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 21 04:03:36 UTC 2010

Hi Sam,

Great questions! Comments below...

On 2010-01-20, at 10:58 PM, Sambhavi Chandrashekar wrote:

> The late 2009 releases of iPod Touch 32 GB and 64 GB are equipped with Voiceover. Do we know if the units to be used during the McCord launch of FE are of this version? Voiceover has French (Canada) option available as well to go with the French language option of FE.

We don't know for sure, but it's likely that they are up-to-date models. Perhaps James or Jess can ask Hugues about this when we have our weekly check-in call with him?

> If the answer to Q1 is yes and if we expect vision impaired visitors, do we expect them to be familiar with Voiceover operations on mobile or will there be assistance available to them in using the iPod Touch with Voiceover?

Realistically, I think the scenario for a user accessing Engage through VoiceOver likely involves them using their own device and thus having prior experience with it. It's a larger design research question to determine how might design for and support users who don't already know how to use VoiceOver.

I hope this helps,