Development plan for Engage 0.3 pilot

tona monjo tonamonjo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:59:10 UTC 2010

Hi Colin,

This is a exciting phase! I start working today on the story cards for the
components on exhibitions browsing and an exhibition pages (about, catalogue
and other sections). I'll pass them to James, to ensure consistency on the
design details, and then we'll upload to the wiki.

Cheers,

Tona

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Colin Clark <colin.clark at utoronto.ca>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> So, we're in the midst of preparing for McCord's excellent pilot of Engage
> 0.3. Here's a plan and timeline for design and development:
>
> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Engage+0.3+Development+Phases
>
> The plan is divided into three separate, week-long iterations. At the end
> of each, we'll have a workable, self-contained bundle of functionality.
> Here's a quick summary of the features we've got planned:
>
> Week 1: Browse Exhibitions: themes, about, and catalogues; improved data
> access and import
> Week 2: Bilingual support; enter object codes; improved navigation
> Week 3: View artifacts, media and podcasts; collect artifacts and email
> them; weave it all together
>
> Developers, here's how I'd like to start splitting up the work for this
> week and next:
>
> Import: Antranig
> Exhibition: Justin and Yura
> Data access: Michelle and Colin
> Object code entry screen and language selection: Sveto and Andrea
>
> Many of you are already in the midst of other work, such as My Collection,
> Pager, etc. Feel free to take some time to wind that work down over the next
> few days before diving into these top priorities, and rest assured we'll be
> back to work on these other tasks very soon.
>
> Designers, this roadmap should help you determine which wireframes to
> finish up first. I'd also like to encourage you to keep a close watch on the
> daily build of Engage as we implement these features. A first-pass version
> of Exhibitions (based on the iteration 8 wireframes) should appear there
> tomorrow.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or comments. It's going to
> be really exciting to see our work used at the McCord museum soon!
>
> Colin
>
> ---
> Colin Clark
> Technical Lead, Fluid Project
> http://fluidproject.org

Tona Monjo
Disseny d'interficies | Diseño de interfaces | Interface design
http://www.tonamonjo.com