Development plan for Engage 0.3 pilot

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 14 23:56:47 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

So, we're in the midst of preparing for McCord's excellent pilot of Engage 0.3. Here's a plan and timeline for design and development:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Engage+0.3+Development+Phases

The plan is divided into three separate, week-long iterations. At the end of each, we'll have a workable, self-contained bundle of functionality. Here's a quick summary of the features we've got planned:

Week 1: Browse Exhibitions: themes, about, and catalogues; improved data access and import
Week 2: Bilingual support; enter object codes; improved navigation
Week 3: View artifacts, media and podcasts; collect artifacts and email them; weave it all together

Developers, here's how I'd like to start splitting up the work for this week and next:

Import: Antranig
Exhibition: Justin and Yura
Data access: Michelle and Colin
Object code entry screen and language selection: Sveto and Andrea

Many of you are already in the midst of other work, such as My Collection, Pager, etc. Feel free to take some time to wind that work down over the next few days before diving into these top priorities, and rest assured we'll be back to work on these other tasks very soon.

Designers, this roadmap should help you determine which wireframes to finish up first. I'd also like to encourage you to keep a close watch on the daily build of Engage as we implement these features. A first-pass version of Exhibitions (based on the iteration 8 wireframes) should appear there tomorrow.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or comments. It's going to be really exciting to see our work used at the McCord museum soon!