Builder bug parade update

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:57:38 UTC 2010

Hi all,

A quick update on the status of the Infusion Builder. We hit another
blocker during QA testing, documented here:

It's a somewhat elusive issue but severe enough that we don't think
the Builder is quite ready for release at this point. The fix is
foundational, involving a change to the way we process and respond to
requests in the server-side PHP code.

As a community, we're juggling a lot right now. I'd like to simplify
the development roadmap a little bit by putting the Builder on the
shelf for a few months while we focus on producing the next release of
Engage. We have a key milestone in mid-February with McCord's pilot of
Engage in their museum, which we're all really excited about. Once
Engage 0.3 is out, we'll dive back into the last major blocker for the
Builder and aim to get it out in the spring.

I know this is all a little disappointing for everyone, and I'd like
to thank you all for your hard work designing, developing, and testing
the Builder. It'll come.

Colin