Naming convention for wiki/svn/etc...

James William Yoon james.yoon at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 6 19:27:00 UTC 2010

I actually think it's useful to have the "FE" in the filename.

I've been trying to develop the habit of naming some of our wiki pages with
the FE designation (e.g., "FE - Mobile", "FE - Kiosk", "FE - Conceptual
mapping", etc.) to avoid potential present and future confusion with other
wiki pages (one can imagine a mobile design page or mobile user testing
results page for any number of future Fluid projects, for instance).

A similar train of thought would apply to filenames, except instead of
competing with other Fluid wiki pages, it's competing with the plethora of
files on my desktop, download, and work folders--am I looking at an FE kiosk
wireframe, or a concept kiosk wireframe from another project I was
investigating?

This might be less of a problem for core FE members who are intimately
familiar with our files, but I imagine it'd be more problematic for others.

Anyways, in a nutshell, my vote is for very descriptive filenames.

Cheers,
James