Generalizing the File Uploader - Work Queue component

Boyan Sheytanov boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Wed Jan 6 11:31:18 UTC 2010

Hi all!

At first thought, we need to extend the CherryPy server with the
following things:
 * A list/queue of all jobs scheduled (regardless of their status).
 * A job data type that holds id, status, time running, usual time for
this kind of job, etc.
 * The queue should support getting the status of a given job or
getting all jobs with a given status.
 * Something more?

That is a whole new set of functionality that needs some thoughts and
code design ideas before implementing. I am not certain about a time
estimate, but I think it would take a couple of days or so. I think
this should be implemented in parallel with (or after) the client-side
UI that will be scheduling the operations.

Greetings,
Boyan