Builder bug parade update

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:51:50 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As Justin mentioned before the holidays, a few unexpected issues
popped up during QA testing for the Infusion Builder. We've reopened
the bug parade and the problems have nearly all been addressed.

It looks like the last outstanding tasks involve getting the new
deployment server all set up for the Builder, and doing final code
review on the changes to the Infusion Ant build scripts. We hope to
wrap this work up tomorrow.

This release of the Infusion Builder will ship with three primary
known issues:

  * Users can't exclude modules that are required by another selected
module (even if they're unchecked)
  * If an unexpected error occurs, the Builder reports errors in a way
that isn't particularly user-friendly
  * Clicking the download button causes an abrupt page transition and
shows an activity indicator that spins infinitely, even after the
download has begun.

The plan is to free the code again and start QA testing tomorrow. We
really, really need help with testing (it's not hard), so if you've
got some spare cycles this week and can lend a hand, please let the
list know.