Updated the Infusion Browser support chart

Alison Benjamin alison.benjamin at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 5 19:27:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

A heterogeneous bunch will be integrating components into their
webpages, and some will be from organizations obliged to adhere to
various a11y standards. From their perspective, they will want to know
where components stand vis a vis these regulations. And of course, as
Colin points out, the context of use where components are integrated,
and an integrator's development choices, are out of our hands. From
our end, I agree that the 4 steps Justin outlined will be good.

WRT:

>> 3) At this point, assume that proper development techniques will
>> yield AT support (with exceptions listed below)
>>
>> For the cases where "proper" is clearly quantifiable, +1. This part
>> will still be a challenge.
>>
>> In the other cases, we'll have to continue to work towards change
>> and improvement in ARIA and other essential technologies.

I agree this is a challenge! And I think there will always be those
developers and designers who have the goal of achieving platform
accessibility (e.g. to a specific AT). Through user testing, some
platform a11y issues will come up. In these cases, if we're not able
to address issues with WCAG & ARIA, we can document the exceptions if
they arise. Is that what you guys mean by  3) ?

What's the best way to communicate Fluid's affordances for good UX and
accessibility to Fluid users? Many will want to know the 4 dimensions
Justin covered. Armin, is this what we're imagining the a11y page will
be for? Or does it make sense to integrate into existing documentation?

re: 2) I can help write test plans for components based on WCAG2. Can
I go ahead and create Jira tickets for this?

Thanks,
Alison