Test Automation (was Re: Update on 1.2 testing)

Michelle D'Souza michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 14 18:25:48 UTC 2010

Hi Everett,

The tests we are talking about automating are unit tests. There is
certainly an amount of accessibility testing that can be done on a
unit test level and in fact we do write these. One example of possible
accessibility unit tests are tests that ensure that the correct ARIA
roles or states are applied to components at appropriate times.

We can always use help fleshing out the unit test suites. I'm not sure
what the best way to get involved in this effort is - perhaps someone
else can pipe up?

Michelle

On 14-Apr-10, at 1:35 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> Curious if any of the testing tools being discussed can be scripted
> to perform accessibility testing.  This might require a bit of
> thought about what needs to be tested, but since accessibility is in
> many (but not all) ways machine determinable it would be a great
> idea if possible.  I'd be happy to contribute to discussions and
> coding accessibility tests.
>
> Thanks,
> Everett Zufelt
> http://zufelt.ca