Update on 1.2 testing

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 03:40:40 UTC 2010

Hi Justin,

I saw your patch on the JIRA issue. Thanks for tracking down and fixing this issue. It's something I should have caught in code review for the last fix.

I'm wondering whether or not this issue really does require a full re-test of the components you mentioned? Would it not be sufficient to write a unit test that shows the bug without the patch and passes once the patch had been applied? And then to follow that up with a reasonably quick overview test of the Reorderer and other keyboard-a11y code?

You're the King, so I'm happy to defer to your judgement here. I'm hoping this might be a case where we can use unit testing to reduce our QA efforts effectively.

Thoughts?

Colin