SAK-9066 (Fix IE CSS 'inherit' bug.)

Joseph Scheuhammer clown at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 12 15:01:31 UTC 2010

Alan (et al),

Regarding:
- SAK-9066 [http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-9066]
- SAK-9020 [http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-9020]

The general feeling here is that PreferAble and StyleAble are old
solutions, and not really worth pursuing.  Fluid is developing a
UIOptions component that is recommended instead.  It uses a different
technique for styling changes such that SAK-9066 likely won't be an
issue.  I'm not sure what the issues would be in terms of removing
PreferAble and StyleAble from Sakai, and replacing them with UIOptions,
but it is one option.

(note: cc'ing the fluid-work list)