advice on instructions for the builder page
Laurel A. Williams
laurel.williams at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 23 15:13:36 UTC 2009
One of the issues on the bug parade for the Infusion Builder tool is to
improve the accessibility of the tool by providing a clearer description
of how the tool works on the website. This is listed as
http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-3156. Of course, a better
description will benefit everyone.
I'm hoping that the Fluid community members will comment on how best to
describe this tool, based on the points below and the current text on
the website (http://22.214.171.124/builder/). I'm trying to balance the
need to describe the tool effectively while not being too verbose.
Here are some brief points describing how the tool works:
- When you select a module by checking a check box, it's dependencies
are selected (checked) automatically.
- When you select multiple modules, all the modules' dependencies will
- Unselecting a module, automatically unselects its dependencies (unless
another module is selected which also has the same dependency).
- The download package will automatically include all required
dependencies, even if you have unchecked them. For instance if you
select the "Fluid Infusion Framework", but then unselect "jQuery", you
will still get jQuery in your download package
- Reset unselects all the check boxes.
- The download button becomes enabled once at least one module is selected.
Since this page will be on the fluid project website, I'd really
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 269 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the fluid-work