Proposed design svn structure

James William Yoon james.yoon at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 20 14:51:02 UTC 2009

Thanks for the comments, Leah!

Jess is right about keeping Design out of the Engage space. To provide
additional reasoning: I think it's best we isolate the design files
from the code. The expectation right now when one checks out /fluid in
svn is that they're getting all the code-related things for Fluid
(scripts, markup, style sheets, etc.). There are fairly strict
conventions governing the file/folder names, structure, and what
belongs and doesn't belong in there. Mixing in our design files would
probably add confusion.

In terms of papers and presentations, there certainly is a space in
the wiki for that, but I think, despite the redundancy, that there's
value in putting them into the repository as well (having a
consolidated area where all our design-related files live is part of
the what the repository was all about!). Let's talk more about that
this afternoon at the design meeting.

(side note: Vicki and I discussed whether we could put design and
museum papers generally related to our project in the repository--I
was all for the idea of having a convenient library of papers in the
repository, until I realized we'd probably be breaking copyright laws)

Cheers,
James