Engage / ArtifactView / Comments

tona monjo tonamonjo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:08:12 UTC 2009

Hi Joan,

James is on vacation this week, so I answer you. I think your idea is really
good, but I'd add one detail:

*when user clicks "report abuse" , the comment is marked (attribute abuse=1)
and becomes out off the view. In this way, user who reports sees the comment
disappear
*
It would be better if the comment is replaced by a phrase that informs the
user that the comment is being analyzed to decide if it must be definitively
removed.

If the user sees the comment disappeared but some days later it appears
again, the user can imagine that the author of the comment has sent it
again, so he can report abuse again, an so on.

Do you agree? Cheers!

Tona

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Joan Garcia Vila <jgarciavila at uoc.edu>wrote:

> Hi James.
> Many thanks for your quick response.
>
> Only one more question/suggestion:
>
> - ... when user clicks "report abuse" , the comment is marked (attribute
> abuse=1) and becomes out off the view. In this way, user who reports sees
> the comment disappear which is good ("Something happened in the UI after a
> click it done").  That is, the comments lists is filtered (comment.abuse !=
> 1).
> When the moderator decides that the comment is "abuse" hi can delete it.
> But, if he decides the opposite, the abuse attribute is set to 0 so it will
> become visible again.
> Makes sense?
>

> many thanks in advance,
>
> cheers,
> joan.
>
> --> Missatge original de James William Yoon (james.yoon at utoronto.ca) per a
> Joan García Vila enviat el 26/11/2009 20:16:22
>

> Woah, that was weird. Copying and pasting from the Jira comment somehow
> copied both raw text and the marked up text. Apologies for the redundancy.
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 2:09 PM, James William Yoon <
> james.yoon at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> Hey Joan,
>>
>> Great question. I've posted a comment to the Jira. Here's a copy:
>>

>> "Report abuse" functionality hasn't been fully fleshed out, but the idea
>> scaffold is as follows:
>>

>> - User taps "Report abuse" for a comment
>>

>> - List of reported comments abuse on museum moderator/administrator's side
>> would update to include said comment
>>

>> - At this list, moderator should be able to see all the abuse-flagged
>> comments, and delete/hide comments as necessary

Tona Monjo
Disseny d'interficies | Diseño de interfaces | Interface design
http://www.tonamonjo.com