Renderer decorators, component listeners

Boyan Sheytanov boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Mon Nov 30 09:21:25 UTC 2009

Hi Antranig!

Thanks for the feedback!

I finally managed to make Aptana use spaces instead of tabs
everywhere. The settings for that are in General\Editors\TextEditors
and Aptana\Editors under Window\Preferences. There's a script that can
convert all leading tabs to spaces in old mixed-up files (under Script
-> Editors in the menu). Hope this helps if other people have the same
problem.

I managed to instantiate the reorderer successfully the way you
suggested. I don't know why, but I thought subcomponents should be
instantiated before rendering... so I never thought of switching the
two. And I am still a bit confused why the same code (with a misplaced
decorator in the component tree and a rendering after initializing the
subcomponent) worked with the thumbnail browser. But never mind, that
will go to trash anyway.

On the events and listeners topic - I've read the Framework Concepts a
couple of times but it turns out I find something new on every reading
now that I have seen actual code in place. Now I see I don't need the
"returnedOptions" and different kinds of events are a bit more clear
to me.

Thanks so much for your time! These comments were really helpful.

Greetings,

Boyan