Renderer decorators, component listeners

Boyan Sheytanov boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Fri Nov 27 16:21:08 UTC 2009

Hi Michelle!

I've moved the code from thumbBrowser to Capture and all of a sudden
it stopped working! The markup is rendered correctly but the image
reorderer does not work. I've added a fluid decorator to the component
tree just as I did in thumbBrowser. Still, it doesn't seem to work,
while the same code in the thumbBrowser works. I think I'm hitting an
obvious blocker that I cannot see because of looking at the same code
over and over again. Will you please have a look? I've commited the
code in the repository:
http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/scratchpad/decapod/components/capture/js/Capture.js

Another topic I'm uncertain about is the bindHandlers method (in the
same Capture.js file). I saw something similar in another component
and tried to reuse it, but am not sure what exactly the
that.returnedOptions statement is about and why it does the job. An
explanation on this would be quite helpful. Suggestion for a better
way for implementing the same functionality is welcome (now there are
no meaningful handlers bound, but if you write alert("it works"), it
works :)).

Any help will be appreciated.

Greetings,

Boyan