iPhone tour app at Versailles

Alistair Jones ajonesolt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:32:16 UTC 2009

Someone brought this to my attention this today.  Orange, a
telecommunications company in France, launched this iPhone application
that uses geolocalization to take users on a tour of the gardens of
Versailles.  Unfortunately these videos are in french, but you can
still see their device in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjTCwAJ643w&translated=1
http://www.orange-innovation.tv/webtv/mobiles/liste_video-64-fr

The press around it touts the augmented reality a fair amount, but it
seems first and foremost a spatial, path finding experience.  Has
anyone seen anything about this in English? It seems very new as they
just did some user testing this August.  I would be happy to translate
parts of the video if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
Alistair