FLUID-3171

Armin Krauss mackrauss at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:52:22 UTC 2009

Hey Justin and Alison,

I posted a thought down in the email. Alison, if you are in on Thursday I
would be happy
to divide up some of the work if that helps.

Armin

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 14:01, Justin Obara <obara.justin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been looking at your patches and have some comments/questions.
>
> FLUID-3171
>
> This seems to work in NVDA in Firefox. Not working in JAWS.
> Was it working in all cases for you, or is this the case where JAWS and IE
> are lacking support.
>
> Line 132 - 133 could probably be put into one call using the object version
> of the attr function. Which you used in the undo patch.
>
> For the value of "aria-valuetext" you may want to look into our string
> templating scheme. Although it might be overkill in this case, you probably
> could at least move the unitText into a strings object, for consistency with
> other components.
>
> strings: {
>     unitText: "point"
> }
>

> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Framework+Functions#FrameworkFunctions-fluid.stringTemplate
>
> I think your test may actually be wrong.
> Line 49: I think slider.slider("value") should actually be "expected".
>
> You should be able to write " " + "point" as " point". You may also want to
> make a function to assemble this string and then have tests for different
> types of unitText options.
>
> FLUID-2652
>
> So in this incarnation, the view and edit mode are read the same way. This
> may be confusing and may not suggest to the user how to switch modes. You
> have probably put more thought into this than I have though, so it would be
> interesting to know what some pros and cons are with this implementation
> versus others.
>
> FLUID-3227
>
> The live region itself doesn't work in FF 2, but the markup does appear to
> be correct. Did you experience this as well?
>
> A bit off topic, what is your opinion on this. Since the undo/redo buttons
> will change the text of the content (the view mode text for inline edit),
> should these also be declared as live regions. Also should the undo and redo
> buttons describe what they are doing for example "undo edit".

@Justin: This is a very good thought to make the description more
meaningful. About live regions we should talk if this would be helpful for a
user. Maybe this is something we could ask Everett?