Renderer autobinding problem

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 19 20:58:00 UTC 2009

[I accidentally sent this to the CollectionSpace 'work' list instead
of fluid-work, so I'm resending. My aplogies for anyone getting
multiple copies...]

Colin, Antranig, et al.:

Thanks so much for the discussion that was started in the developer
meeting today, regarding my addition of the "displayOnlySelectors" to
the UISpec. I know that the Renderer data binding should do the job,
but I couldn't get it to work

I've created a test case that illustrates the problem we were having
with the autobinding, and I've filed a JIRA for it. Hopefully, I'm
just using the data binding wrong, and I can close the JIRA as "not a
bug," but I wanted a number to commit against :-)

The JIRA includes references to the test files I included - they're in
the manual-tests section of SVN.

Basically, I have an <input> and a <span> both autobound to the same
value in a model. The initial rendering confirms this by displaying
the same text in both places. But if you change the model value by
typing something different into the <input> field, the contents of the
will trigger a dump of the current model contents into a different
span, next to the button.)

This test case also illustrates another issue we found (so perhaps I'm
overloading the files...):
If you programmatically change the contents of the <input>, that new
value doesn't end up in the model! Perhaps I'm wrong in believing it
would?

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this. I'd really like to find a
better way to implement this functionality.

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto