Prepping Mobile Wireframes for User Testing

tona monjo tonamonjo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:10:51 UTC 2009

Hi Alistair,

It would be interesting if you could also work on the
FEM_Exhibitions.graffle, because it's included on the tasks for the user
testing.

We should also have a new version for FEM_VisitorsAlsoEnjoyed.graffle and
FEM_RelatedObjects.graffle, but surely you're planning to work on it after
creating the 3 new artifact pages.

About the FEM_MyCollection.graffle, I cannot open the version currently at
the SVN. Could you review it? (maybe it has uploaded wrongly).

Thanks!!

Tona

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM, tona monjo <tonamonjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alistair,
>
> Great work! I've had a look at the new versions of the wireframes, and they
> really look much better with actual contents.
>
> I send you some comments below (in red):
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Alistair Jones <ajonesolt at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi James and Tona and all,
>>
>> I've been working on replacing all the thumbnails and the Lorem Ipsum
>> text for all the mobile wireframes from the last design.  Since I was
>> a rookie with OmniGraffle, I duplicated a lot of the canvases to be
>> safe, so you should see everything there.
>>

> Ok, I will review all the canvases to be sure that the new ones are
> corrent, and then I'll remove the old versions.
>

>> Everything is replaced except for home screen, where it says "icon" in
>> place of the exhibitions, collections, code entry etc.  Do we have
>> icons for those some where?  Should I try to come up with something?
>>

> We have no icons for these options by now. It would be a good idea if you
> would try to find something, but if you need some help in this task, please
> tell me.
>

>> So all the Lorem Ipsum text is replaced, but there are still some
>> things that will need to be done before these wireframes are ready for
>> the user tests.  Much of it will involve some level of coordinating
>> the wireframes with the evaluation plan.  For example, I still need to
>> create 3 or so artifact pages that the tester's will be able to view,
>> and I'll do that after I take a closer look at the evaluation plan.
>> Plus I know the evaluation plan is well-along, but not rock solid yet,
>> so everyone's thoughts they had over the weekend are still quite
>> welcome.
>>

> I agree with you. We are working in depth in the testing protocol during
> this week, so when the all tasks will be defined, we should revise the
> wireframes to ensure that there isn't any gap.
>

>> Other minor things that I thought of are...
>>
>> ...the "me" in the comments.  How will we handle this?  Should there
>> be no "me" comments when the user begins?
>>

> Yes, the first time the user enters, he shouldn't see any "me" comment.
> But in the context of the user testing, I think we could assume that the
> user has sent some comment before. From my point of view, it could be
> interesting to keep this icon, and to inquiry about it to the participant
> after finishing the tasks related to comments, to know if he really
> understands it. Do you agree?
>

>> ...about the expanding description in the artifact view.  Should I do
>> one set of the artifact pages with description collapsed + each of the
>> subsections (comments, audio video, tags, etc) individually expanded
>> and than another set with the description expanded + each of the
>> subsections individually expanded.  Perhaps that would be overkill.  I
>> hope I didn't lose you with that question.
>>

> We may have a version of the page with all the panels collapsed, and
> [...]

Tona Monjo
Disseny d'interficies | Diseño de interfaces | Interface design
http://www.tonamonjo.com