Field Trip: IxD @ Vancouver Aquarium Arctic Exhibit

Leah Maestri leahmaestri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:21:29 UTC 2009

Hi All,

IxDA Vancouver will be taking a field trip to the Vancouver Aquarium this
Wednesday to see the latest installations of the Arctic Exhibit. I'm
thinking of going as I think this would great opportunity to network and see
the latest installations in multi-touch screen technology. If anyone is
interested you can view the website here (you may have to be IxDA Vancouver
members to view the page):
http://ixdavan.ning.com/events/event/show?id=3298999%3AEvent%3A1560

This is the field trip synopsis:

*We've been threatening to have this event and finally have room booked.
We've got the (2) 52" multi-touch tables to play with and several other
interactive touchscreen displays as well.

I've asked Jeff Heywood (Project Lead, Interactive Content) to share his
reflections on the experience of working with multiple-vendors/designers to
deliver on their vision for a highly interactive visitor experience. More
details are coming soon but hopefully you can block out that night for this
event!*

(Attached is a screen shot of the event.)

Best,
Lee