Need help on Decapod's Thumbnail browser

Michelle michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 13 19:18:41 UTC 2009

Hi Boyan,

The issue is that you are initializing the subcomponent and then
rendering the page. When the renderer redraws the page, the handlers
that had been put on the thumbnails by the reorderer get removed.

A better way to do this is to use a renderer decorator for the
reorderer. You can see the documentation here:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Renderer+Decorators

Hope this helps,

Michelle

On 2009-11-13, at 11:52 AM, Boyan Sheytanov wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I unsuccessfully tried to implement image reordering on the thumbs
> browser and now I feel I'm stuck on it. Here's what I've done:
>
> * Added the ImageReorderer as a subcomponent of ThumbnailBrowser.
> * Changed the HTML template to use a form (needed by the reorderer).
> * Included the reorderer css with minor changes to it (will change
> it later).
>
> The result is that I have some js & html code that looks like it
> should be working. But it doesn't. I'd appreciate any help on why is
> that so that I can proceed with Capture next week. You can check out
> the code from the svn repo at scratchpad/decapod.
>
> Greetings, Boyan

Michelle D'Souza
Software Developer, Fluid Project
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre