Nightly build failing

Michelle michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 10 21:48:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm sure if you're on the commits list you've noticed that the nightly
build is failing. I'm not sure how to fix this and I'm hoping someone
out there can help.

The build happens through an ant script that calls out to maven in
order to build the war. When the war is being created on the server,
maven seems to be trying to copy things into '/' which it can't do
since it's not run as root and of course shouldn't do. It then tries
to find files relative to root which causes a 'no such file or
directory' error. You can see the full logs here: http://titan.atrc.utoronto.ca:4040/continuum/servlet/continuum/target/ProjectBuild.vm?view=ProjectBuild&buildId=6564&id=56

The build works perfectly happily on both my machine and Colin's
machine.

Interestingly, this hasn't been a problem before Saturday. The only
thing we can think of that happened on Saturday was that the maven
repository was removed and rebuilt.

So, maven experts out there - any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle D'Souza
Software Developer, Fluid Project