quick question: jQuery ui dialogue + JAWS screen reader

Alison Benjamin alison.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:10:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

I created this bug after finding, using FF3 & JAWS 10 on XP, that the UI
dialog in UI Options could not be accessed by the screen reader - when the
dialog appears the background to the dialog is read, not the contents of the
dialog.

However, I am now having trouble replicating this problem on another
computer with the same version of JAWS. I didn't find a problem with IE 8.

If anyone out there can (or can't) replicate this problem please comment on
the Jira.

Thank you!
Alison