CSpace help: Passing a ChangeApplier to a decorator

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 10 18:39:44 UTC 2009

On 10-Nov-09, at 11:54 AM, Antranig Basman wrote:

> Well, my first wonder is why you do not tie the updating of the
> model to the ChangeApplier event infrastructure directly, rather
> than trying to fire your own change event directly.

I think I may not be understanding what you mean by "tie the updating
of the model to the ChangeApplier event infrastructure directly." This
is what I thought we were doing, by calling fluid.applyChange() and
passing the applier. We also tried calling the applier's
requestChange() function, but had the same problem, because we were
working with this copied-and-therefore-corrupted applier.

> I assume that there is already a change event being directed at some
> model somewhere as a result of the UI event.

The user is selecting something from a list (which changes the
"selected" field of the list's model). This selection is used to
produce a number that must be stored in the model that we have the
applier for.

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto