CSpace help: Passing a ChangeApplier to a decorator

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 10 15:43:42 UTC 2009

On 10-Nov-09, at 1:18 AM, Antranig Basman wrote:

> ...supplying an "applier" as an option
> is only somewhat sound...This instance of the model starts
> out identical to the closed-over model, but can quite easily diverge -
> and actually will be corrupted if the applier passes through the
> process
> of options merging ...

Antranig, thanks so much for your explanation of things. I think I'll
have to take a close look at the ChangeApplier code and the options
merging code to *truly* understand what's happening, but I do
*basically* understand it.

We're giving your suggestion a try, but I can't help but thinking in
the back of my head "there's got to be a better way." I suspect that
there must be a different way for us to relate our number pattern
chooser to our model, a "more proper" way - one that allows us to use
the Fluid Framework functionality in a straightforward manner to
accomplish what we want to accomplish. I'll ponder it a bit more...

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto