CSpace help: Passing a ChangeApplier to a decorator

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 9 21:29:13 UTC 2009

Hi, Antranig, thanks for your help with this.

The code we were asking you about is in the CollectionSpace repository:
https://source.collectionspace.org/collection-space/src/ui/trunk/

The UI in question is basically a big form with a lot of input fields.
We want to decorate one of the input fields with a small component
that presents the user with a choice of number patterns. Their choice
will cause the associated input field to be populated with a new value.

The files in question are in src/main/webapp/js, and are:

DataEntry.js:
The main component on the page, and the one with the model we wish to
update. It uses a ChangeApplier.

NumberPatternChooser.js:
The small component we're using to decorate one of the <input> fields
on the main page. We want this NumberPatternChooser to update the
DataEntry's model based on the number pattern that the user chooses.

Renderer.js:
A wrapper for fluid renderer related stuff. This file is where we
build the component tree, and pass the ChangeApplier to the decorator
by adding it to the options. Now we understand that this is not the
way to do it, but we're not sure what is the appropriate way.

The code is all still a bit sketchy, so don't be surprised if some
things look a bit odd.

Anastasia Cheetham                       a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Interface Developer, Fluid Project      http://fluidproject.org
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre   /   University of Toronto