Uploader server (Image Gallery) build working again

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:07:37 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As you may have noticed from the build failure notices on the commits
mailing list, our demo server for the Infusion Uploader, the old Image
Gallery 2 app from UCB, wasn't building correctly.

I've fixed the issues--a couple of incorrect artifact versions in the
Maven build files--and it's all working again. This all stems from the
fact that the Image Gallery is still dependent on the Sakai master POM
file. I've frozen this in SVN so we shouldn't have any future problems
with Sakai changes breaking Image Gallery, but I look forward to one
day replacing this code with something much simpler powered by Kettle.

A minor heads up: in the process, I tossed our old local .m2
repository to ensure that everything was fully and cleanly building
from scratch. I rebuilt a few project in Continuum just to make sure,
but we'll want to keep an eye on this over the next few days.

The link to the Uploader Server seems to have been removed from the
build site (or am I missing it?), but here's a direct URL you can use
when testing the Uploader with a real server back-end:

http://build.fluidproject.org:8080/sakai-imagegallery2-web

Sorry for the inconvenience,