Decapod Capture's first steps

michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 6 00:29:05 UTC 2009

This is a great start Boyan! I'm happy that you were able to use the
renderer successfully.

One suggestion I have is to make the component so that it can be
previewed without a server present. This is useful for people who want
to check out what we have quickly. It also makes client side
development easier since some development, such as style sheet
creation, can happen without using a server. My recommendation for how
to do this is to follow what was done in Engage. Essentially, we check
to see if the page was loaded from the file system and if so we load
test data. If it's not loaded from the file system, we load the data
from CouchDB. You can see this code here:

http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/fluid/engage/fluid-engage-core/trunk/framework/js/loadData.js

I also noticed a typo in the HTML which I'm sure you'd have found when
you were implementing delete: "flc-thumsBrowser-deleteLink"

Quoting Boyan Sheytanov <boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com>:

> Next things to do should be to add the links as a model, so that it
> can be updated by the Take picture button, develop some nice styles
> for the browser (now it uses navList styles), implement a component
> for the Capture screen.

Sounds like a good plan. You should probably check in with Jacob when
you get to the styling part because I think he was planning to work on
that.

Michelle