[Management] [WG: Accessibility] 2.7.0: FckEditor upgrade to CK3.0.1

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Nov 5 21:39:27 UTC 2009

I think this is the right question. ("Does the choice really matter
now or is it more important that we have made a choice?") I have some
specific thoughts about the CKSource/Moxiecode debate, but will spare
them for now.

What I will say in my typical diffusive fashion is...

Google has released their "Closure Library" today, which includes
their rich text editor:

http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2009/11/introducing-closure-tools.html
http://code.google.com/closure/library/docs/introduction.html

It looks like everything is licensed Apache 2.0.

By the way, this also includes the "seamless editor" mode that made
Page Creator so attractive to me. I have been waiting for this for
two years and will definitely be researching it.

Thanks,
-Noah