In-museum Kiosk information archtecture questions?

Victoria Moulder vmoulder at sfu.ca
Wed Nov 4 06:28:42 UTC 2009

Hi Jenifer,

Kevin and Leah had a great time last week working through the information archecture and coming up with interaction models that would work as options for the kiosk.  Through this exploration we came to crossroads over how we could provide the visitors with a combined tour experience.  Since the DIA will be on the hook for the long-term maintenance of the system, please review the options listed below and let me know which one the DIA would prefer:

Option One:
A kiosk where a the visitor could browse by 'gallery' with the ability to print 'each gallery tour' on demand.  In this case the visitor is selecting, printing and then with paper in hand choosing to combine the tours themselves.

Option Two:
A kiosk where a the visitor could browse by 'theme' with the ability to print 'the predefined tour and associated galleries' on demand.  In this case the the museum staff would have to write, design and upload the the predefined tour content to the system so that the visitors could make selections.

If these options aren't clear, or if you have questions, please let me know and we can have a quick skype conversation.

Much Thanks!  Vicki