Updated the Infusion Browser support chart

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:00:39 UTC 2009

Hello,

Thanks for your keen interest in testing and how it affects all of our
users.

I suppose I should start by saying that the browser support chart
doesn't prevent testing on any other configuration, but is instead the
base for what must be covered.

You may or may not have noticed that we did testing on linux in the
last release of Infusion (1.1.2).

That being said, we have tried to stay inline with the Yahoo A-grade
browser support. It provides us with a "standard" configuration to
follow, which does allow our browser support decisions to be more
transparent.

I'd be interested in knowing more about what you and others in the
community think about this.

Thanks
Justin

On 2009-11-03, at 3:22 PM, Alison Benjamin wrote:

> I think incorporating testing with Ubuntu in our QA cycles would be a
> good thing and I would be happy to help.
>
> Alison
>

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Armin Krauss
> <mackrauss at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Justin,
>>
>> I understand that we have to concentrate on some browsers in order
>> to be
>> able to get
>> our releases tested in an acceptable time. However, I would argue
>> for adding
>> testing
>> on Ubuntu with the newest Firefox. This does not have a huge market
>> share,
>> but we
>> could use this platform to test with the Orca screen reader as
>> well. Testing
>> more often
>> with Orca, VoiceOver and Jaws would allow use to cover
>> accessibility issues
>> better.
>>
>> Including the most popular Desktop Linux distribution with one of
>> the most
>> popular
>> browsers would help us to make sure Fluid passes the regular test
>> cycle on
>> this
>> platform. If you then start tests with Orca and with disabled users
>> you do
>> not run
>> into errors that could have be caught during the regular test cycle.
>>
>> I was planning to meet with Alison and Jamon in order to set up our
>> laptop
>> for dual boot
>> and virtual machines that allow use to easily work and test on the
>> Ubuntu
>> platform. Maybe
>> we could also have one instance of a Ubuntu running on a VM so that
>> everyone
>> has
>> access via VNC and does not need to maintain an installation.
>>
>> Any comments and thoughts are more than welcome to get a discussion
>> started.
>>
>> Armin
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 14:09, Justin Obara <obara.justin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have just updated the browser support chart for Infusion to match
>>> Yahoo's latest A-grade browser chart.
>>> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Browser+Support+Chart
>>>
>>> Below is the list of changes posted on the YUI blog.
>>> http://yuiblog.com/blog/2009/10/16/gbs-update-2009q4/
>>>
>>> With this update, Mac OS 10.4 Tiger drops from the A-Grade testing
>>> matrix
>>> (replaced with Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard) and the testing surface
>>> is reduced
>>> to 12 browsers on 4 OS platforms (down from 14 browsers on 4
>>> platforms).
>>> Specific changes include:
>>>
>>> Initiated A-Grade support for Firefox 3.5.† on Mac OS 10.6.†
> [...]
>>> Justin