Updated the Infusion Browser support chart

Armin Krauss mackrauss at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 3 19:55:28 UTC 2009

Hello Justin,

I understand that we have to concentrate on some browsers in order to be
able to get
our releases tested in an acceptable time. However, I would argue for adding
testing
on Ubuntu with the newest Firefox. This does not have a huge market share,
but we
could use this platform to test with the Orca screen reader as well. Testing
more often
with Orca, VoiceOver and Jaws would allow use to cover accessibility issues
better.

Including the most popular Desktop Linux distribution with one of the most
popular
browsers would help us to make sure Fluid passes the regular test cycle on
this
platform. If you then start tests with Orca and with disabled users you do
not run
into errors that could have be caught during the regular test cycle.

I was planning to meet with Alison and Jamon in order to set up our laptop
for dual boot
and virtual machines that allow use to easily work and test on the Ubuntu
platform. Maybe
we could also have one instance of a Ubuntu running on a VM so that everyone
has
access via VNC and does not need to maintain an installation.

Any comments and thoughts are more than welcome to get a discussion started.

Armin