Infusion Builder request for interim review

Laurel A. Williams laurel.williams at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 2 14:27:59 UTC 2009

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much for your Sunday review! Thoughts inline below:

Colin Clark wrote:
> Hi Laurel,
>
> I think your directory structure changes generally look good. A few
> comments about naming:
>
>  * I'm not sure what's specifically "secure" about the code you've got
> in the infusion-builder-secure directory. Does this directory just
> contain resources that are "private" to the web server? Or is there a
> more descriptive name we can use? Along with this, I assume the stuff
> within plain old "infusion-builder" is intended to be located in the
> webserver's document directory?

I guess when I named the infusion-builder-secure directory I was
thinking "this directory needs to be put somewhere secure". It contains
resources which should not be placed within the webserver document root
or anywhere where a browser can access them directly. I certainly
welcome a better name, but that was the one that came to my mind.

The infusion-builder directory is the directory to be located in the
webservers document root, so having a clear simple name that related to
the tool seemed appropriate.

Maybe others can comment on ideas for renaming if necessary.

http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-3346 - created this just now and will address this immediately.

> And one question about next steps:
>
>  * You mention that you've taken the Builder out of CMS Made Simple
> (good move), and that it doesn't look as nice as a result. What's your
> plan for making it look good again?

I'm hoping for some designer time on this one, though I can certainly
make some first stabs at it. Along with a makeover, we need to figure
out how the builder fits into the website (links to and from the website
only, or put in the whole website header, footer, background, etc). I
made a JIRA for this last week.

Laurel