generation of fluid zip file name

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:02:14 UTC 2009

Hi Laurel,

On 30-Oct-09, at 12:31 PM, Laurel A. Williams wrote:
> At the moment it is "hard coded" that the file name is "infusion-" +
> fluid version + "-src.zip"  for the source bundle, or
> "infusion-" + fluid version + ".zip" for the minified bundle. See
> lines 34, 123 and 128 in the build.xml file to confirm this.
>
> I'm concerned about this, in that I also have to follow this
> convention in the Infusion Builder. So, if for some reason we decide
> to change this convention in the build.xml, then we will need to
> remember to
> change this in the Infusion Builder too.
>
> Is there a way that both utilities can get the full zip filename
> from somewhere, or that I can obtain the filename from the ant
> script? Perhaps we can create a simple ant task to return the
> generated filename. What do you think?

I see your point about the hard baked-ness of these filenames, but I
think this is probably not a huge priority for us right now. In our
quest to get Builder to release, we've got bigger fish to fry.

In the meantime, our Builder PHP code should load the fluid_version
property out of build.properties and build up the source and minified
file names using the same procedure as the Ant build. That way we
won't have bother with asking deployers to update the SRC_FILE_NAME
and MIN_FILE_NAME in config.php.

Down the road, we can consider whether or not we even need to make any
assumptions in the Builder about the file names of our Infusion
builds. My guess is that with a bit of refactoring, we probably won't
have to know the file name at all.