On mapping: where we are, where we're headed, and a starting use case

Alison Benjamin radiocontrolled at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:46:01 UTC 2009

Hi James,

Thanks for portraying this mapping use case and describing the thoughts on
mapping ideas so far.

James, in the simple use case you describe above, and I may be jumping way
to far ahead, but is it imagined that mobile phones would be able to hook
into a location unaware mapping tool (putting aside the issue of screen real
estate a phone has).

Although I've caught up on notes posted on the wiki, I'm in class Tuesdays
from 2-5 Toronto time when design meetings have happened so far. Anyway, I'm
interested in helping out with the design of a mapping component and with
the development if appropriate. What I need is some guidance on what tasks
to pick up. One interest I have is describing (developing a use case?) how
exhibition designers would use the tool.

Thanks,
Alison B