On mapping: where we are, where we're headed, and a starting use case

tona monjo tonamonjo at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:07:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

James, thanks for your message. I think it provides mapping tasks with a
good starting point.

Although I'm not as directly involved in these tasks as you, Dale and Ron,
I've seen some interesting examples of conceptual mapping in the course of
the benchmarking so, if you agree, I'll gather them and publish on the wiki.
I think they may be useful.

The most of these cases combine conceptual and spatial mapping, and of
course, having into account that I've seem them in museum's websites, they
are location unaware.

On the other hand, as I mentioned some days ago, I'm going to London this
weekend, so I'll pay attention to the possible use of mobile devices for
location aware mapping at big museums like British or Tate.

Best,

Tona

--
http://www.tonamonjo.com