Uploader file queue error dialog feature moved to branch

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon May 25 23:07:16 UTC 2009

Hey all,

Eli has been doing some work on a nice new feature for Uploader, filed
under the FLUID-1811 ticket:

The new code presents a friendly dialog to users when they encounter
errors while adding files to Uploader's queue--for example, when they
try to add files that are larger than the size limit allowed by the
application. Previously, we quietly omitted these files from the queue.

A couple of show stopper bugs remain in the code at this point.
Foremost, the dialog doesn't have any ARIA roles or states attached to
it, making it difficult for assistive technology users to work with.
Secondly, keyboard navigation is broken, allowing users to escape the
confines of the dialog and access all focusable elements on the page.

Awhile ago we contributed code to jQuery UI that addresses both of
these issues in their Dialog widget, and they shipped this accessible
version in their 1.7 release. The bugs in the FLUID-1811
implementation will largely go away if we simply switch to using
jQuery UI's Dialog instead of our own, less functional version.

Given that code freeze for the Infusion 1.1 release starts tomorrow, I
don't think this FLUID-1811 feature is ready. I've moved the code into
a branch, and deleted it from the Infusion trunk in preparation for
code freeze.

http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/fluid/infusion/branches/FLUID-1811/

I'm looking forward to seeing this feature more fully developed for
the next release.